When looking for a Bankruptcy Attorney near Ridgefield, make sure you find one with the experience that you need to successfully file and execute the bankruptcy orders. One of the most important criteria in selecting your legal representative is whether they have the experience with the local courts in Ridgefield in bankruptcy law. Other important criteria include how much they will charge you for their work, what the fees covers and what they don’t cover, and how and when they will communicate with you about your progress.
What work can you expect of your bankruptcy attorney?
In general, you will sign a retainer agreement which outlines the exact scope of the services your bankruptcy attorney will provide to you. You should expect the following:
1. That the attorney is competent to handle your bankruptcy. This means they must be familiar with the federal Bankruptcy laws, local court rules and procedures, and familiar with the bankruptcy trustees in your area.
2. You will receive competent legal advice which includes the type of bankruptcy that you should file for, how you can use bankruptcy to help your financial situation, what you can expect during the process, what you must do, and whether there are any difficulties or risks for your case.
3. Preparation of your paperwork to file and document the bankruptcy case. You will need to provide all the information requested about income, expenses, assets, and debts. You can expect that all documents will be filed in a timely manner to avoid delays, dismissal of your case, or other adverse consequences.
4. Updates during the process which may include requests for additional documents. Information about any new development in your case and status updates along the way. The attorney should also be available to answer your questions while executing the process.
5. Representation at any Bankruptcy Hearings and at the meeting of the creditors. The attorney will need to represent you at any confirmation hearings or other hearings filed by you, your creditors, or the trustee.
If you are looking for a Ridgefield Bankruptcy Lawyer, be sure to check out the office of Carroll & Carroll, Attorneys at Law. Peter F. Carroll is a competent and thorough bankruptcy attorney near Ridgefield, Illinois. He has been serving the area for over 30 years and offers a free initial consultation on your bankruptcy case. Don’t trust your case to someone inexperienced or part of a “Bankruptcy Mill”, which are companies that work on many bankruptcy cases and offer less individualized services. Trust a local Ridgefield attorney who is well respected and has the experience you need and deserve.